Miramax Names Tom Barrack Chairman
The Colony Capital head replaces Richard Nanula, who resigned.
Miramax announced today that Colony Capital head Tom Barrack has been named chairman, effective immediately.
Barrack replaces Richard Nanula, who has severed his ties with the movie company and international investment bank amid a growing sex scandal, The Hollywood Reporter first reported on Sunday.
The scandal began when pictures were published on the website The Dirty (and later elsewhere) of a man believed to be Nanula playing the male lead in a porn movie with adult-film actress Samantha Saint.
Nanula's departure left a vacancy at chairman for the company, which still doesn't have a permanent CEO since Mike Lang left in March 2012. CFO Steve Schoch has been serving as interim CEO since Lang's departure.
Nonetheless, the company has hired veteran executives to run the divisions charged with continuing to monetize the Miramax film library, which was acquired in 2010 from Disney.
Barrack and Colony Capital, along with Ronald Tutor and the Qatar Investment Authority, purchased Miramax for $663 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!