Miramax Names Tom Barrack Chairman
The Colony Capital head replaces Richard Nanula, who resigned.
Miramax announced today that Colony Capital head Tom Barrack has been named chairman, effective immediately.
Barrack replaces Richard Nanula, who has severed his ties with the movie company and international investment bank amid a growing sex scandal, The Hollywood Reporter first reported on Sunday.
The scandal began when pictures were published on the website The Dirty (and later elsewhere) of a man believed to be Nanula playing the male lead in a porn movie with adult-film actress Samantha Saint.
Nanula's departure left a vacancy at chairman for the company, which still doesn't have a permanent CEO since Mike Lang left in March 2012. CFO Steve Schoch has been serving as interim CEO since Lang's departure.
Nonetheless, the company has hired veteran executives to run the divisions charged with continuing to monetize the Miramax film library, which was acquired in 2010 from Disney.
Barrack and Colony Capital, along with Ronald Tutor and the Qatar Investment Authority, purchased Miramax for $663 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws