Miramax Owner Colony Eyes Deal With Summit Entertainment
The private equity firm could buy a stake in the studio or combine Miramax and Summit.
NEW YORK - Colony Capital, the private equity owner of the Miramax library, is in preliminary talks to acquire a stake in Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the Twilight series, Bloomberg News reported, citing people with knowledge of the situation.
Colony, led by Tom Barrack, could buy a Summit stake currently owned by hedge fund Rizvi Traverse Management and others, it said.
The companies, however, are also discussing a possible combination of Summit and Miramax that could leave Summit management in charge, according to Bloomberg.
Lionsgate has also held talks about acquiring Summit.
A spokeswoman for Colony told Bloomberg that the company doesn’t comment on speculation or rumor. A spokeswoman for Summit declined to comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR