Miramax Owner Colony Eyes Deal With Summit Entertainment
The private equity firm could buy a stake in the studio or combine Miramax and Summit.
NEW YORK - Colony Capital, the private equity owner of the Miramax library, is in preliminary talks to acquire a stake in Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the Twilight series, Bloomberg News reported, citing people with knowledge of the situation.
Colony, led by Tom Barrack, could buy a Summit stake currently owned by hedge fund Rizvi Traverse Management and others, it said.
The companies, however, are also discussing a possible combination of Summit and Miramax that could leave Summit management in charge, according to Bloomberg.
Lionsgate has also held talks about acquiring Summit.
A spokeswoman for Colony told Bloomberg that the company doesn’t comment on speculation or rumor. A spokeswoman for Summit declined to comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!