Miranda Lambert Debuts New Single 'Baggage Claim,' Talks 'Four the Record' Collaborations (Audio)
Mrs. Blake Shelton’s fourth studio album hits shelves Nov. 1.
Miranda Lambert’s girl group side project, Pistol Annies, is set to release their debut album, Hell on Heels, Aug. 23. Meanwhile, the Grammy Award winning country singer is pulling double duty preparing for the release of her fourth solo album, Four the Record.
The album’s lead single, “Baggage Claim,” has finally hit the web, after fans got a sneak peek at some audience-captured footage of a live performance in July via YouTube.
“I have been draggin’ around your sensitive ego / Making sure your bags arrive on time / For the dog and pony show / A leather suitcase like a brick / It kind of makes it hard to get a grip / I drop your troubles off at the conveyor built / I hand you a ticket to go get it yourself,” Lambert croons on the track.
Though her first offering from Four the Record is a solo effort, fans can expect to hear multiple collaborations on the upcoming album.
“On this record I collaborated with pretty much a lot of my friends, some of my heroes, and Blake,” she told The Hollywood Reporter last month. “We wrote a song together on the record, and hopefully on this next record we’ll have a duet together.
“It’s a good time,” she continued. “We haven’t had one, and we’re ready to take that next step and do a really serious duet. But I collaborated with a lot of people that influenced my life on this next record.”
Four the Record hits shelves on Nov. 1, 2011. Listen to the first single below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game