Snow White Pic 'Mirror Mirror' Pushed Back Two Weeks to March 30
The Relativity Media film, starring Julia Roberts, Lily Collins and Armie Hammer, jumps on the date after kids toon "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" moves to April 27.
The release of Snow White movie Mirror Mirror is being pushed back two weeks from March 16 to March 30 so as to take advantage of spring break and Easter, which falls on April 8.
Relativity Media announced the change on Thursday, several days after Sony and Aardman Entertainment's kids toon The Pirates! Band of Misfits quietly pushed back its opening date from March 30 to April 27.
While Mirror Mirror, rated PG, won't skew as young as The Pirates, it's still counting on playing to families and kids.
Mirror Mirror, directed by Tarsem Singh, stars Julia Roberts, Lily Collins and Armie Hammer.
The Easter corridor is jam packed this year with a variety of genres, including the 3D re-release of James Cameron's Titanic on April 6.
In its new date, Mirror Mirror opens against Warner Bros.' sequel Wrath of the Titans. Lionsgate's tentpole Hunger Games opens a week earlier.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR