Miss America 2014 Crowned
The winner was revealed Sunday night in a live telecast on ABC.
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – Nina Davuluri became the second consecutive contestant from New York to win the Miss America pageant.
Davuluri won the title as the nationally televised pageant returned home to Atlantic City in a telecast that aired live on ABC (with a tape delay in the West Coast).
She succeeds another Miss New York, Mallory Hagan, whose tenure was cut short when the pageant moved back to Atlantic City after a six-year stint in Las Vegas, where winners were chosen in January.
Davuluri performed a classical Bollywood fusion dance for her talent competition. She is the first winner of Indian descent.
After the traditional frolic in the Atlantic City surf Monday morning, she will head to the scene of a devastating boardwalk fire in Seaside park and Seaside Heights Monday afternoon.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR