Miss USA: Californian Wins Crown
Alyssa Campanella of Los Angeles beats 50 other contestants to take the title Sunday night at the Donald Trump-owned pageant.
Alyssa Campanella, a 21-year-old from Los Angeles, was named Miss USA on Sunday night.
She beat out 50 other competitors to take home the crown at the event, held at the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Campanella's pageant wear included a blue bikini with white polka dots and a dark turquoise evening gown with beading.
She also answered a question about whether marijuana should be legalized; her response was that it should be available to those who need it for medical purposes but shouldn't be fully legalized.
Miss Tennessee Ashley Durham was the first runner-up. Contestants from Alabama and Texas placed third and fourth.
Campanella will represent the U.S. in this year's Miss Universe pageant.
Miss USA, owned by Donald Trump, celebrated its 60th anniversary Sunday night. Bravo's Andy Cohen and E! News' Giuliana Rancic served as co-hosts of the show, which aired live on NBC. Kelly Osbourne provided skybox color commentary.
- Gone Too Soon: 8 Oscar Winners and Nominees Who Met Tragic Ends (Photos)
- Meet the 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Cast (Photos)
- Vintage Malibu: Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe on the Beach (Photos)
- If the World Cup Were a Movie: Christian Bale as Lionel Messi, and 11 Other Casting Ideas (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- Daytime Emmy Awards Honor Steve Harvey, Ellen DeGeneres And 'The Young And The Restless'
- "Peace": Chatting with O.A.R.'s Marc Roberge, Jordy Towers of SomeKindaWonderful and Iamsu!, Plus Don Flemons and Mike Sempert Exclusives
- You've Come a Long Way, Hercules
- Christina Aguilera And Her Baby Belly Want To Help Keep Your Lips Healthy