Missing 'Superman' Producer Has Been Found
4:28 PM PST 2/3/2011 by THR staff
Ilya Salkind, who has been missing since Sunday, is in a Mexican hospital.
Legendary Superman producer Ilya Salkind – who went missing over the weekend - has been found, TMZ reports.Salkind, 63, flew to his native Mexico City recently to oversee work on a property he inherited from his late mother. After he went to run errands Sunday, he never returned home. Worried, his friends filed a missing persons report with Mexican police on Tuesday and launched a Web site to find him. A friend of Salkind tells TMZ that Ilya was found alive in a hospital Thursday morning. It is unclear why he was hospitalized or why he hasn't been able to contact anyone. The site reports he is currently sedated and friends "are waiting to speak with the doctor to find out more information." Salkind is known for securing the rights for a live-action Superman film in 1974, leading to the 1978 movie starring Christopher Reeve as the Man of Steel, directed by Richard Donner.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty