'Mission: Impossible 4' Becomes Tom Cruise's Top-Grossing Film
The fourth outing in the Paramount franchise crosses $600 million at the worldwide box office.
In a career high for Tom Cruise, Paramount's Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol crossed $400 million at the international box office on Friday for a global total of $603.5 million, the actor's biggest number yet.
That bests the $591.7 million earned by Cruise starrer War of the Worlds, directed by Steven Spielberg.
Ghost Protocol, directed by Brad Bird in his live-action feature debut, has done much to restore Cruise's star status, particularly in North America, where his more recent films have lagged. The fourth outing in the espionage franchise has earned $203.5 million domestically.
In addition to being Cruise's top grossing film, Ghost Protocol also is the highest grossing title in the marquee franchise. The previous best was Mission: Impossible II, which grossed $546.4 million globally.
Ghost Protocol is doing massive business in China, where it has earned $36 million in less than a week, pushing the international cume over the $400 million mark.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!