'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol' Gives Hollywood Its Best Ever India Opening Weekend
Tom Cruise-starrer grossed $5.26 million, beating previous record holder "Avatar."
NEW DELHI -- Mission : Impossible - Ghost Protocol has set a record for the highest opening weekend gross for any Hollywood film in India.
According to figures from the film's distributor Viacom18 Motion Pictures, Ghost Protocol collected 263 million rupees ($5.26 million) during its opening weekend. Previous record holder Avatar -- distributed here by Fox Star Studios -- collected 220 million rupees during its opening weekend.
Viacom18 also had a strong performer this summer with Transformers: Dark of the Moon that collected 195 million rupees during its opening weekend.
Ghost Protocol also features an appearance by top Bollywood star Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR