Hip Hop Festival Rock the Bells Lineup Boasts Missy Elliott, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Reunion
Headliners Nas, Kid Cudi and Wiz Khalifa were announced for the 2012 event, which will hit both coasts in San Bernardino, Calif. and Holmdel, N.J.
The annual hip-hop summit Rock the Bells revealed its lineup on Wednesday and while Nas, Kid Cudi and Wiz Khalifa top the 2012 bill, the big news is the promised special performance by Missy Elliott.
Elliott, who revealed her battle with Graves' disease last year and whose seventh studio album has been seven years in the making, will be making an "exclusive North American festival performance" at the festival series, which will invade San Bernardino, Calif. on Aug. 18-19, Mountain View, Calif. from Aug. 25-26 and Holmdel, N.J. from Sept. 1-2. The rapper's longtime producer and collaborator, Timbaland, will join her for the performances.
Meanwhile, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony will deliver a string of 20-year anniversary performances and run through their 1995 classic album E. 1999 Eternal in its entirety. RTB stalwarts Method Man and Redman will team up to perform their 1999 joint full-length Blackout! as well.
Other notable performers at this year's festival include Chicago superstar Lupe Fiasco, 90s icons Salt-N-Pepa, Harlem heroes Dipset, and all four members of the Black Hippy squad -- Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock. The event will be hosted by RZA and Supernatural.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR