Mitra prepares for 'Doomsday' with Marshall
Rhona Mitra has signed on to star in Rogue Pictures' "Doomsday," a futuristic action thriller that will be Neil Marshall's follow-up to his much-buzzed-about horror movie "The Descent."
"Doomsday," written by Marshall, is set three decades after a lethal virus tore through a major country, leading to the country's walling off. When the virus, known as the Reaper, resurfaces in another country, an elite group is dispatched to the infected country to find a cure. There, they end up shut off from the rest of the world and must battle through a landscape that has become a waking nightmare. Mitra plays the leader of the elite group.
Production is slated to begin in early 2007.
Crystal Sky Pictures' Steven Paul and Benedict Carver are producing in association with Intrepid Pictures. Intrepid principals Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans are executive producing with Peter McAleese.
Alex Heineman is overseeing the project for Rogue, which holds worldwide distribution rights to the movie.
Mitra, known for her work on ABC's "Boston Legal" and "The Practice," next appears in the horror movie "Skinwalkers" and New Line's Jim Carrey thriller "The Number 23." Also on her docket is Antoine Fuqua's "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg.
Mitra is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack