Mitt Romney Is First GOP Presidential Hopeful to Book Hollywood Fundraiser (Exclusive)
Organizers of the Dec. 6 event include MGM chief-turned-investor Harry Sloan.
This article first appeared in the Dec. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Polls show that Mitt Romney is first in the hearts of California Republicans, and he'll be the first of the party's presidential hopefuls to visit Los Angeles for a fundraiser Dec. 6 at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Hedge fund manager Josh Friedman and his wife, Beth, are the hosts, along with Eva and Marc Stern and Tracy and Gene Sykes of Goldman Sachs.
Organizers include former MGM chief-turned-investor Harry Sloan.
Individual tickets are priced at $2,500 a piece, but recipients of the invitation also have the option of pledging to raise amounts for Romney ranging from $100,000 to $250,000.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama