Mitt Romney Is First GOP Presidential Hopeful to Book Hollywood Fundraiser (Exclusive)
Organizers of the Dec. 6 event include MGM chief-turned-investor Harry Sloan.
This article first appeared in the Dec. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Polls show that Mitt Romney is first in the hearts of California Republicans, and he'll be the first of the party's presidential hopefuls to visit Los Angeles for a fundraiser Dec. 6 at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Hedge fund manager Josh Friedman and his wife, Beth, are the hosts, along with Eva and Marc Stern and Tracy and Gene Sykes of Goldman Sachs.
Organizers include former MGM chief-turned-investor Harry Sloan.
Individual tickets are priced at $2,500 a piece, but recipients of the invitation also have the option of pledging to raise amounts for Romney ranging from $100,000 to $250,000.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)