Mo Rocca to Star in Cooking Channel Special 'My Grandmother's Ravioli' (Exclusive)
Former Daily Show correspondent Mo Rocca is going to the right place to learn how to cook: the Cooking Channel.
Rocca will star in an hour-long special called My Grandmother’s Ravioli, in which the satirical comic receives cooking lessons from America’s grandmothers and grandfathers. The special, which is being eyed as a potential series, is set to air Feb 19 on Cooking Channel.
“At 42, I’m finally figuring out how to cook,” Rocca tells THR. “My grandmother was a great cook and her ravioli was what I remember from my childhood. I wish I could go back in time and show up to her apartment a few hours before we ate, so that's the show.”
The special, from executive producers Lauren Deen and Gideon Evans, will allow Rocca to “insinuate myself into people’s families," he says, including a filipino grandmother and an Italian grandfather who teach him how to make special dishes.
Rocca, repped by Gersh and manager Don Epstein at Greater Talent Network, is a prolific TV actor, writer and commentator. In December he was promoted to "correspondent" on CBS Sunday Morning, after contributing for years to that show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'