'Modern Family' Co-Showrunner Christopher Lloyd's Non-Emmy Plan: Basketball
Declining to attend TV's big night once more, the EP tells THR that he'll probably be on the court: "It's worked out well in the past... In fact, it could be the whole key to our success."
This story first appeared in the Sept. 28 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
"I usually go play basketball the night of the Emmys. It's nerves and a distraction -- a way to take my mind off of the whole thing. The first year I was at a gym, and I heard Sofia open an envelope and call out my name on TV. Nobody there knew who I was, and I thought, "Well, this is an odd experience."
It's sort of every man's dream come true: Sofia Vergara calling out my name in the middle of the night. At least I can tell that story. ... I'm not an awards-show guy, but it feels weird to stay at home and watch it, so I usually go do something. Last year, I was playing basketball, and I got to my car, and I saw a lot of text messages.
I thought, "If these are all messages saying, 'Ha, ha, you lost,' then I've got to rethink some of these friendships," so I took it to be a pretty good sign. ... I'll probably do the same thing this year: go play basketball. It's worked out well in the past. In fact, it could be the whole key to our success."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR