'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Joins Comedy 'Identity Thief' (Exclusive)
Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy are toplining the Universal comedy.
Eric Stonestreet, an Emmy-winning star of ABC’s Modern Family, has joined the cast of Identity Thief, Universal’s comedy starring Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy.
Seth Gordon is directing the feature, which centers on a milquetoast family man (Bateman) who gets a life lesson in stepping up when his identity is stolen by a mess of a woman (McCarthy).
Also among the growing cast are Amanda Peet, John Cho, Jon Favreau and Genesis Rodriguez.
Stonestreet will play Big Chuck, a realty broker with an outsized personality who has a run-in with McCarthy and Bateman's characters.
Scott Stuber and Pamela Abdy are producing the movie, which is shooting in Atlanta.
Stonestreet has been twice Emmy-nominated for his work on Modern Family, winning in 2010 for the best supporting actor in a comedy series. He appeared in last year’s comedy Bad Teacher, which starred Cameron Diaz, and has the ensemble indie The Loft -- which counts James Marsden, Wentworth Miller and Karl Urban among its cast -- in the can.
He is repped by ICM and Thruline.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR