'Modern Family's' Ariel Winter Removed From Home Amid Allegations of Abuse (Report)
A judge has reportedly ordered her mother to stay 100 yards away from the actress, who is now living with her older sister.
Modern Family star Ariel Winter has reportedly been removed from her home by a judge amid allegations that her mother has been physically and emotionally abusive.
TMZ reported Wednesday that the 14-year-old actress was placed in a temporary guardianship with her older sister Shanelle Workman on Oct. 3, following a guardianship hearing. The judge also ordered Winter's mother, Crystal Workman, to stay 100 yards away from her.
Another court hearing is reportedly set for Nov. 20.
According to TMZ, Shanelle was removed from Workman's home by the Department of Children and Family Services nearly 20 years ago amid similar allegations. She was placed in foster care for two years and never moved back in with her mom.
Reps for Winter have not yet responded to The Hollywood Reporter's request for comment.
Winter has played Alex Dunphy on ABC's Modern Family since it premiered in 2009, sharing two SAG Awards for ensemble acting with the comedy series' cast.
Winter also voices the title role in the upcoming animated movie Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess, which premieres Nov. 18 on Disney Channel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama