Molly Shannon Signs With UTA (Exclusive)
The "Saturday Night Live" alum can currently be seen in "Scary Movie 5."
Molly Shannon has signed with UTA for film and television.
The comedian is best known for her six-year tenure on Saturday Night Live, where from 1995 to 2001 she portrayed memorable characters such as 50-year-old Sally O’Malley and Catholic schoolgirl Mary Katherine Gallagher (who received her own 1999 feature film, Superstar). Since leaving SNL, the prolific actress has maintained a steady TV presence, most recently on HBO’s Enlightened and ABC’s The Middle.
In 2011, Shannon published her first children’s book, Tilly the Trickster, and the following year she was part of the star-studded voice cast for the animated Hotel Transylvania. She can now be seen in Scary Movie 5 and will next appear in the Clark Gregg comedy Trust Me and the indie ensemble comedy Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant.
Shannon also is producing and co-writing the Disney feature The Moms.
Shannon continues to be repped by Framework and attorney Steve Warren of Hansen Jacobson and by WME for personal appearances and endorsements.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche