MOMA exhibition for Tim Burton
Featuring more than 700 examples of Burton's work
New York's Museum of Modern Art will present a major exhibition exploring Tim Burton's career, both as a director and concept artist for live-action and animated films and as an artist, illustrator, photographer, and writer, from Nov. 22-April 26.
The exhibition will bring together more than 700 examples of Burton's drawings, paintings, storyboards, moving-image works, puppets, maquettes and costumes and includes an extensive film series spanning his 27-year career.
It has been organized by Ron Magliozzi, assistant curator, and Jenny He, curatorial assistant, Department of Film, with Rajendra Roy, the museums' Celeste Bartos chief curator of film.
The filmmaker's 14 feature films -- "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure," "Beetlejuice," "Batman," "Edward Scissorhands," "Batman Returns," "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (directed by Henry Selick), "Ed Wood," "Mars Attacks!," "Sleepy Hollow," "Planet of the Apes," "Big Fish," "Corpse Bride" (directed with Mike Johnson); "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "Sweeney Todd" -- will be screened over the course of the five-month exhibition in the Museum's Roy and Niuta Titus Theaters. His early short films "Vincent" and "Frankenweenie" will also be featured.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!