Momentum gathers up 'Tomo'
U.K. distribution company Momentum Pictures said Friday it has snapped up British rights to Paul Catling's sci-fi project "Tomo."
Catling's project, currently in preproduction and aiming for a 2008 release, will feature a blend of live-action and CGI and was developed from his Sundance short-film winner of the same name.
Catling has worked as a concept artist on such films as "Spider-Man 2" and "Alien vs. Predator" and as a creature designer on "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire."
The movie will be produced by Matthew Justice ("Blade") through Lunar Films, the parties said.
Momentum acquisitions chief Robert Walak brokered the deal with Becker International's Iain Canning here at the AFM.
Walak described "Tomo" as "one of the most original science fiction concepts" that he has read and is banking on it opening up "some fantastic new media and marketing opportunities for us to explore."
Momentum is owned and backed by Canada's Motion Picture Distribution.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR