Mongrel Buys 'Shut Up Little Man!' Doc for Canada
Submarine inks second Canadian distribution deal in a week, this time for Matthew Bate's comedic documentary.
TORONTO -- Submarine Entertainment has sold writer/director Matthew Bate’s Shut Up Little Man! An Audio Misadventure to Mongrel Media as part of its second Canadian distribution deal in a week.
Toronto-based Mongrel picked up all rights in Canada for the comedic documentary about two young punks in the U.S. Midwest living next to two obnoxious alcoholics.
The Closer Production film, co-produced by Bate and Sophie Hyde, is the first movie from the South Australian Film Corporation's FILMLAB program.
The distribution deal was negotiated by David Koh and Josh Braun for Submarine Entertainment and Orly Ravid of The Film Collaborative for the filmmakers, and Hussain Amarshi, Andrew Frank, and Caroline Habib for Mongrel Media.
Submarine last week another four feature documentaries to the Canadian boutique distributor Filmswelike, which is led by veteran Canadian filmmaker Ron Mann.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR