Mongrel Media Acquires Canadian Rights to 'Circumstance'
The Sundance audience winner was directed by Maryam Keshavarz.
Mongrel Media has acquired all Canadian distribution rights to Sundance audience award winner Circumstance from Participant Media.
Directed by Maryam Keshavarz, Circumstance is set in contemporary Iran, where a wealthy family struggles to contain a teenager’s growing sexual rebellion and her brothers’ dangerous obsession.
Circumstance marks Keshavarz’s directorial debut. The filmmaker also produced the movie alongside Karin Chien and Melissa M. Lee.
The deal between Participant and Mongrel — one of Canada’s leading distributors of arthouse fare—was announced by Mongrel founder and president Hussain Amarshi and Participant president Ricky Strauss.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR