Monterey Media Acquires U.S., Canadian Rights to 'Approaching Midnight'
The deal replaces an earlier distribution agreement with Lionsgate for the Jana Kramer-starring action thriller.
TORONTO – Monterey Media has acquired all North American rights to writer-director Sam Logan Khaleghi’s Approaching Midnight.
That deal replaces an earlier agreement that would have seen Lionsgate Home Entertainment, via a pact with Grindstone Entertainment, release the action thriller after the producer self-distributed the picture theatrically.
Approaching Midnight, starring Jana Kramer and Logan Khalegi, will now receive a charitable world premiere in Detroit on Aug. 27, 2013.
The Monterey Media DVD and digital release of the picture will then follow in October.
“Sam has done a wonderful job in his compelling use of exciting young actors to weave and draw us into the story,” Scott Mansfield, Monterey Media president, said in a statement on news of the acquisition.
Approaching Midnight portrays a U.S. army staff sergeant (Logan Khaleghi) who fights the threat of corruption and deception in his hometown after returning from battle.
The film also stars Mia Serafino, Dean Teaster, Brandon T. Jackson and Michelle Lynne Balser.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR