Montreal fest to honor John Boorman
Director also will teach master class at festival
TORONTO -- Montreal's Festival du Nouveau Cinema is honoring British director John Boorman with a lifetime achievement award next month.
Boorman will receive the Louve d'Honneur and give a master class Oct. 10 as part of the festival's 37th edition, organizers said Tuesday.
The Festival du Nouveau Cinema also will screen Boorman's latest film, "The Tiger's Tale," which stars Brendan Gleeson, and three earlier movies: "Zardoz," "Leo the Last" and "Deliverance."
The Festival du Nouveau Cinema, which will unveil its full lineup Sept. 23, runs Oct. 8-19.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Reimagined Disney Posters Bring Your Favorite Childhood Characters Back To Life
- DOCUMENTARY: How One Email Changed One Guy's Life... Forever
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Sex Toy On Twitter, Should Seriously Be Taught What TMI Means
- Here's Everything Wrong With 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull'
- Diane Kruger Ties Up Her Shirt to Reveal Her Flat Stomach
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reenacts YouTube Viral Sensation 'David at the Dentist' - Watch Now!
- Michelle Obama Hosts Women in Soul Event, President Barack Obama Flubs Spelling of Aretha Franklin's 'Respect'
- Find Out How Oprah Winfrey Got Fooled By Princess Diana!