Morgan Freeman Signs on for CBS Films Comedy 'Last Vegas'
The actor joins Michael Douglas and Robert De Niro in the movie.
It’s official: Morgan Freeman has signed a deal to star alongside Michael Douglas and Robert De Niro in the CBS Films comedy Last Vegas.
Written by Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love) and directed by Jon Turteltaub, the story centers on a quartet of retired boomers who are called upon for a Las Vegas bachelor party by their friend, a ladies' man (Douglas), who is finally settling down and marrying a woman half his age.
According to CBS Films, Freeman will play “an army veteran who looks to escape the watchful eyes of his son and daughter-in-law and accompany his best friends on a trip to Vegas."
The part was initially the one that Christopher Walken was in talks to nab earlier this year.
The movie is looking like it could be a set for actors to measure their Oscar sticks. De Niro has five nominations and two wins, Douglas has two nominations and two wins and Freeman has five nominations and one win.
Freeman, repped by CAA, will next be seen in this summer’s The Dark Knight Rises.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game