Morgan Spurlock, CNN Announce 'Inside Man' Series for April 2013
The struggling cable news network has its second new documentary-type show, as the Oscar-nominee joins chef and travel host Anthony Bourdain.
Oscar-nominated documentarian Morgan Spurlock is bringing his brand of witty, first-person exploration to CNN, starting next spring.
Spurlock will produce and host a new series called Inside Man, in which he will go deep into "rarely-seen sectors of American life that include gun lovers, marijuana growers, migrant farm workers, and end-of-life caregivers," the network said in a statement.
The show is CNN's second recent reality-documentary addition. In April, it was announced that Anthony Bourdain would finish his Travel Channel show No Reservations and head to the network, which has fallen in the ratings.
Having first come to prominence in 2004 with the documentary Super Size Me, in which he tested the impact that eating McDonald's for 30 days straight would have on his body (predictably, it wasn't good), Spurlock then executive produced the FX Show 30 Days; he most recently had a Hulu show called A Day in the Life.
This summer, Spurlock debuted two films: Mansome, a study of male grooming; and Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope, a film about the pop culture convention in San Diego.
Last year, he explored the world of product placement and branding in The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack