Morgan Spurlock Named CinemaCon Documentary Filmmaker of the Year
The Oscar-nominated filmmaker will also screen his latest movie, “POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.”
Oscar-nominated filmmaker Morgan Spurlock will receive CinemaCon’s Documentary Filmmaker of the Year award.
“From his documentary debut with 2004’s Super Size Me to his upcoming release POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Morgan Spurlock continues to entertain and educate audiences around the globe with his thought provoking films,” said Mitch Neuhauser, managing director of CinemaCon. “We could not be more excited in having Morgan Spurlock be on hand to accept this honor, as well as having the opportunity to screen his film for our audience at CinemaCon.”
Spurlock be honored prior to a screening of his latest documentary, POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, on Wednesday, March 30. The film is slated for a April 22 release through Sony Pictures Classics.
Aside from the successful Super Size Me, Spurlock has directed Freakonomics and his FX series 30 Days.
CinemaCon takes place in Las Vegas from March 28-31.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR