MORNING ROUNDUP: Gwyneth Paltrow's First 'Glee' Pics
Plus: Another exec shakeup at Universal Music Group, Ruby Dee receives a Living Legend Award, and Mayor Bloomberg's daughter fractures her spine after a riding mishap.
- Fox has released the first photos from Gwyneth Paltrow's scenes on Glee. In the shots, the actress dances in the rain with an umbrella, Matthew Morrison and other stars from the series. Paltrow is also expected to sing a censored version of Cee Lo Green's "Fuck You" called "Forget You." She appears on the show Nov. 16
- Universal Music Group's vice chairman and chief financial officer Nick Henny will step down, the New York Post reports. He's the first executive to leave since CEO Lucian Grainge joined the company in June. Henry, who was hired by outgoing chief Doug Morris, is retiring after a decade at the music company. He'll be replaced by International CFO Boyd Muir, who will relocate from London to Los Angeles, and become the global CFO. "Nick made it clear to us that he feels the time has come for him to take on different challenges in his life," Universal said in a statement. "While we are sorry to see him go, especially during this transitional period, we certainly understand and respect his decision." CEO Tom Whalley left the company in September.
- Michael Jackson's new song, "Breaking News," was released on his website just after midnight Monday. His first posthumous album is due in stores Dec. 14.
- Oscar nominated actress Ruby Dee was honored with a Living Legend Award at the Black Girls Rock! ceremony, which aired Sunday on BET, the Wall Street Journal reports. Dee, who was given the Screen Actors Guild lifetime achievement award in 2001, is perhaps best known for her role in the 1961 version of A Raisin in the Sun.
- Dancing With the Stars' Karina Smirnoff -- who competed with Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino on the ABC hit this season -- is engaged to her baseball player boyfriend, Brad Penny. Penny surprised her while she was at a business meeting with her manager. "I'm the happiest I've ever been and Brad is the sole reason for that," says Smirnoff. She broke off her engagement with DWTS pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy in 2009.
- The 27-year-old daughter of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg suffered a concussion and fractured spine over the weekend when she slipped off her horse during a competition. Georgina was briefly knocked unconscious, but walked out of the arena herself. “The mayor is very concerned, as any father would be,” said Stu Loeser, Bloomberg's spokesman. Georgina fractured her foot last summer while competing in Canada, and broke her back in 2002 after another fall. She's expected to compete for a spot on the US Olympic equestrian team in 2012.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR