MORNING ROUNDUP: Kanye West Hired Media Coach for Disastrous Today Show Appearance
Plus: Demi Lovato's Disney show to continue while she battles personal issues, Sugarland settles a $14 million lawsuit and Jane Pratt returns to publishing… with a 13-year-old partner.
- Kanye West hired a professional media coach before his disastrous appearance on the Today show, the New York Post and New York Times report, citing sources. After George W. Bush revealed the "worst" moment of his presidency was when the rapper called him racist, West turned to Rubenstein Communications to determine how to respond. West's advisers booked the interview on the Today show Monday, but then Rubenstein suggested canceling the appearance Tuesday because the former president's did not say enough to warrant a response. But West then re-booked his appearance, and his rep from Rubenstein had to rush to the studio to meet him. They practiced how to respond to the questions before going on air, but West still lost his cool when Matt Lauer played a clip of his infamous 2009 MTV VMA ambush of Taylor Swift. "I didn’t need you guys to prompt my emotions,” West snapped to Lauer. “I don’t need all the jazz.” West later took to Twitter to criticize the interview -- and then cancelled his Nov. 26 Today show concert.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR