'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' in Imax Theaters Starting August 21
The giant-screen exhibitor has added the movie adaptation of Cassandra Clare's YA novel to its summer slate.
TORONTO -- Imax will show The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones in its North American theaters starting August 21.
The giant-screen release for the film adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s YA novel comes via a deal with Sony Pictures and Entertainment One.
Imax will digitally remaster the picture from Constantin Film International and Unique Features, which is directed by Harald Zwart (The Karate Kid) and written by Jessica Postigo Paquette, for its summer film slate.
"We're excited that moviegoers will have the chance to explore this world in Imax," said Rory Bruer, president, worldwide distribution for Sony Pictures, in a statement Wednesday.
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is set in contemporary New York City and stars Lily Collins, Kevin Zegers, Jamie Campbell Bower and Lena Headey.
The film is produced by Robert Kulzer and Don Carmody, with Bob Shaye, Michael Lynne and Martin Moszkowicz serving as executive producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR