The Most Ridiculous Edited-For-TV Film Lines
"Snakes on a Plane," "The Usual Suspects" among movies censored for small screen.
Whenever a film with strong language airs on television, some of their lines are bound to be edited down.
An example Gawker included is the Samuel L. Jackson-starrer Snakes on a Plane, released in 2006. When the film was shown on the big screen, Jackson yelled: "I have had it with these motherf------ snakes on this motherf------ plane."
But when it was shown on television, Jackson's swearing was reduced to this: "I have had it with these monkey-fighting snakes on this Moday to Friday plane."
In 1995's The Usual Suspects, a line that said "Hand me the keys you f------ cocksucker" on the big screen was changed to "Hand me to the keys you fairy godmother" for TV.
Check out the rest of the most ridiculous edited movie quotes in the video above, including memorable lines from The Departed, Scarface, Basic Instinct and Pulp Fiction.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR