'Motherf**ker With the Hat,' Starring Chris Rock, Extends Broadway Run
The production is nominated for six Tony Awards, including best play.
On the heels of its six Tony Award nominations, The Motherf**ker With the Hat has extended its run at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater until July 17, the New York Times reported.
In addition to Rock, the show stars Bobby Cannavale as recovering alcoholic recently released on parole from a prison sentence for drug-dealing. Rock plays his AA sponsor. Elizabeth Rodriguez, Annabella Sciorra and Yul Vazquez also star. [Read THR's review here.]
The play was written by Stephen Adly Guirgis and is directed by Anna D. Shapiro.
In addition to its best play Tony nom, the production will vie for direction of a play (Shapiro), leading actor in a play (Cannavale), featured actress in a play (Rodriguez) and featured actor in a play (Vazquez).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR