Motorhead Cancels European Tour as Lemmy Kilmister Recovers from Hematoma
The band's frontman is "alive, breathing, talking, f---ing, drinking, eating, reading," but isn't touring.
Lemmy Kilmister is fighting fit after suffering a post-operative hematoma. He’s “alive, breathing, talking, f---ing, drinking, eating, reading,” his management team recently reported.
But he’s not well enough to hit the road, and his band Motorhead has canceled the remaining dates on its European tour, which includes six festival dates.
“The band hate to let their fans down by missing any shows, but they expect to be back in full force this fall,” the heavy metal veterans' management say in a statement on its official website.
Lemmy was initially expected to rest up and miss just a handful of shows. Doctors have advised him to take a longer spell on the sidelines. “I'd like to thank everyone who wish me well, it was a tough decision for me as I don't like to disappoint the fans especially in times where economy is bad and people spent their money to see us. But sometimes you can't do anything else than following doctor's orders, but be sure we will be back and kick everybody's ass."
The rocker was recently fitted with a implantable defibrillator to correct an irregular heartbeat -- a procedure described as “medical maintenance for the long-term good.”
Lemmy later suffered a hematoma -- a mass of blood collected outside the blood vessels -- and a pair of festival dates were canned as he recovered.
This latest health scare won’t keep the hardened rock legend out for too long. Lemmy’s management expect him to take his place when the band tour in support of their upcoming album release, Aftershock.
Motorhead's affected European tour dates:
July 4 - Sweden, Gothenburg Metaltown
July 6 - Germany, Sulingen Reload
July 9 - France, Argeles Sur Mer Festival Les Deferlantes
July 14 - Finland, Joensuu Ilossarirock
July 26 - Russia, Moscow Crocus City Hall
July 28 - Ukraine, Kiev Sports Palace
Aug. 2 - Germany Wacken Open Air
Aug. 4 - Belgium, Lokerse Lokerse Feesten
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game