MPAA Chief Christopher Dodd: Hollywood Is 'Terrible' at Marketing Itself
3:20 PM PDT 3/29/2011 by Pamela McClintock
The studios' newly installed top lobbyist tells THR "there is a total misunderstanding on Capitol Hill" that the film industry is nothing but "red carpets and tuxedoes."
LAS VEGAS -- Christopher Dodd doesn't mince words. At CinemaCon on Tuesday, the new MPAA chairman and CEO said Hollywood is great at selling movies but awful at marketing itself.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile