MPAA Chief Christopher Dodd, NATO Chief John Fithian to Deliver State of the Union at CinemaCon
11:12 AM PDT 3/21/2011 by Pamela McClintock
It marks Dodd's first public appearance as MPAA chairman-CEO.
In what’s likely to be his first public appearance as MPAA chairman-CEO, Christopher Dodd will join NATO president-CEO John Fithian next week in delivering a state-of-the-industry address at CinemaCon.The annual convention of theater owners gets underway March 28 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Dodd and Fithian will speak on March 29, followed by a joint press briefing. “I could not be more delighted that Senator Dodd has chosen to begin his tenure at the MPAA with an address to the exhibition industry at the very first CinemaCon,” said Fithian. “NATO and MPAA have a long history of working together in the best interests of the movie industry and Senator Dodd’s appearance at NATO’s official convention is a powerful symbol of that partnership,” he continued. Dodd spent 36 years as a Capitol Hill lawmaker, including 30 years in the U.S. Senate.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR