MPAA Picks Tech Exec as COO
CEO Chris Dodd, announcing Diane Strahan's appointment, cites her digital experience.
The MPAA has a new chief operating officer: Diane Strahan, a former executive at Neuster who also worked at AOL.
CEO Chris Dodd announced the appointment of the 20-year tech veteran in a news release Friday.
"Technology, innovation, industry alliances and audience engagement play increasingly important roles as the motion picture and television industry continues to advance into a new era. Diane’s leadership talent will be a major asset for the MPAA and the studios we represent. In her impressive career, she developed break-through strategies for high growth players and has led established brands through transformation and success by leveraging new digital technologies and innovative business models," Dodd said in the release. "While the challenges are great, I am excited about our industry’s future and the significant contributions the MPAA will make with Diane’s guidance and management skills complementing our current leadership team."Strahan, who was most recently svp, gm, mobile and internet registry services at Neustar, a business intelligence firm, added that she was "deeply honored" to be tapped for the job. Throughout my career, I’ve contributed to global enterprises as well as start-ups in the converging world of digital technology, content and communications. The MPAA is at the center of this convergence and I look forward to helping advance the common interests of the film and tech industries so consumers can benefit from a richer and more seamless entertainment experience." More to come...
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead