MPAA Ratings Chief Defends Movie Ratings
As "The King’s Speech" receives a new PG-13 rating, the head of the ratings board explains to THR their ratings rationale and the rules under which they operate.
A lot of media criticism has been directed at the movie-ratings system this awards season in reaction to a string of decisions described by some as unfair and out of touch and by others as tantamount to censorship. Just as there are disagreements among those whose job it is to assess the artistic merits of a film, there are differing views about our ratings decisions and the rules under which we operate.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR