MPI picks up U.S. rights to 'Il Divo'
Giulio Andreotti pic won Cannes jury prize
MPI Media Group has acquired all U.S. domestic rights to Paolo Sorrentino's "Il Divo." Winner of the Jury Prize at the 2008 Festival de Cannes, the film portrays the career and fall from grace of seven-time Italian Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti.
"Il Divo" is slated for a spring theatrical release through Music Box Films, followed by the DVD release shortly thereafter.
The deal was negotiated on behalf of MPI Media Group by Greg Newman, senior vp acquisitions and development and by Andreas Rothbauer, head of theatrical sales and international acquisitions at Beta Cinema.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws