MSG, Time Warner Cable Meet for Carriage Talks as Jeremy Lin Craze Boosts NY Knicks Ratings
The sports cable network and cable giant got together for the first time since December to discuss a new deal as a winning streak led by the point guard has boosted audience interest.
NEW YORK - Will the winning of the New York Knicks, led by point guard sensation Jeremy Lin, bring about a new carriage agreement for Madison Square Garden's MSG sports cable network in its long-running showdown with cable giant Time Warner Cable.
The two parties met earlier this week for the first time since December when an existing carriage deal expired and MSG went dark in TWC homes, the New York Post reported.
Mike Bair, head of MSG Media, told sports talk radio station WFAN that negotiations had reopened, but the companies didn't provide details, according to the Post.
Led by Lin, the Knicks have earned seven straight victories, increasing ratings for Knicks games and leading to increased demand from New York viewers for games coverage, the Post said. Local media are speaking of "Linsanity" to describe the excitement among local audiences.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR