MSNBC Apologizes for Showing Live Footage of San Bernardino Suspect's Home
"We regret that we briefly showed images of photographs and identification cards that should not have been aired without review," the network said.
After showing live television footage of inside the home of the San Bernardino mass shooting assailants, the network has apologized for the decision on Friday.
"MSNBC and other news organizations were invited into the home by the landlord after law enforcement officials had finished examining the site and returned control to the landlord," a statement from a network spokesperson read.
"Although MSNBC was not the first crew to enter the home, we did have the first live shots from inside. We regret that we briefly showed images of photographs and identification cards that should not have been aired without review," the network said.
Earlier in day, in a widely criticized decision, multiple news organizations, including CNN, aired live footage from the home of assailants Tashfeen Malik and Syed Rizwan Farook, including walking around rooms and showing photographs in the household.