MTV Adapts to Snooki Pregnancy
Domesticity is heading to the "Jersey Shore."
According to an insider, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi's pregnancy and engagement to Jionni LaValle will be explored on MTV's upcoming Jersey Shore spinoff featuring Snooki and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley. Cameras are rolling in Jersey City, allowing the network to capitalize on the unexpected just as E! did when Kim Kardashian's marriage crumbled during filming of Khloe & Kim Take New York. (Us Weekly will kick off an expected media crush with a pregnant Snooki cover, out March 7.) Jersey Shore is still MTV's top-rated original series, though its numbers have dropped slightly to 5.9 million 18-to-49 viewers a week. If the show is picked up for a sixth season, the mom-to-be's real-life story line will be incorporated into that show as well -- though it's hard to imagine how a baby would figure into a reality series dominated by partying and booze. As of now, the network has no plans to air a Newlyweds-style special focusing on Polizzi and LaValle.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR