MTV Adapts to Snooki Pregnancy
Domesticity is heading to the "Jersey Shore."
According to an insider, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi's pregnancy and engagement to Jionni LaValle will be explored on MTV's upcoming Jersey Shore spinoff featuring Snooki and Jennifer "JWoww" Farley. Cameras are rolling in Jersey City, allowing the network to capitalize on the unexpected just as E! did when Kim Kardashian's marriage crumbled during filming of Khloe & Kim Take New York. (Us Weekly will kick off an expected media crush with a pregnant Snooki cover, out March 7.) Jersey Shore is still MTV's top-rated original series, though its numbers have dropped slightly to 5.9 million 18-to-49 viewers a week. If the show is picked up for a sixth season, the mom-to-be's real-life story line will be incorporated into that show as well -- though it's hard to imagine how a baby would figure into a reality series dominated by partying and booze. As of now, the network has no plans to air a Newlyweds-style special focusing on Polizzi and LaValle.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR