MTV Orders Workplace Comedy Script from 'It's Always Sunny,' 'Community' Producers (Exclusive)
The single camera comedy project from Lisa Parsons will revolve around mean girls in the office.
MTV is embracing its inner mean girl.
The younger-skewing cable network continues its push in the scripted arena with a script order for a single-camera comedy billed as mean girls set in the workplace.
The untitled project, which hails from Krosnoff Foster Productions and MTV, will be written and executive produced by Lisa Parsons (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Arrested Development). Joining her as a non-writing executive producer is Russ Krasnoff (Community).
If ultimately ordered to series, it would join a growing crop of scripted originals, including Teen Wolf and Awkward, which were both renewed for a second season.
More recently, the network that still strikes biggest with reality shows Jersey Shore and Teen Mom greenlit scripted efforts Underemployed, which takes a comedic look at the post-college generation starting life and career in today's harsh economic climate; and Zach Stone is Gonna Be Famous, co-created and starring comedian Bo Burnham, which humorously explores this generation's desire to be famous.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)