MTV Announces Dates for 2012 VMAs, Movie Awards
The film and music video award events will take place in June and September.
MTV announced the 2012 dates for the MTV Movie Awards and the MTV Video Music Awards.
The MTV Movie Awards will air live on Sunday, June 3, and the MTV VMAs will air live on Sunday, Sept. 9.
The MTV Movie Awards is a yearly film awards show in which the winners are voted on by the general public. Last year’s show was hosted by Jason Sudeikis and featured a surprise appearance by Justin Bieber, a grabby presentation by Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis, and an appearance by Reese Witherspoon, who received the Generation Award. The event has existed since 1992.
The VMAs celebrate the best in music videos. This year, Beyoncé used the event to make the announcement that she was pregnant with her first child. Both Katy Perry and Adele each took home three VMA Moonmen. Adele performed her song, “Someone Like You,” and the show also featured a performance by hip-hop heavyweights Kanye West and Jay-Z. The first MTV VMA event was held in 1984.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10