MTV Employee Shot Execution-Style in Back of Head
Police are investigating the early Sunday morning murder of music coordinator Gabriel Ben-Meir.
Gabriel Ben-Meir, a 30 year-old music coordinator employed by MTV, was shot execution-style in the back of the head during the early Sunday hours, the Los Angeles Times reports. The alleged murder took place in front of Ben-Meir’s mid-Wilshire apartment, according to law enforcement sources.
Residents reported hearing gunshots after midnight but did not inform police. Ben-Meir’s body was discovered by a man walking his dog on Packard Street between Stanley and Spaulding avenues at about 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
Ben-Meir worked for MTV as a music and production coordinator on such shows as The Hard Times of RJ Berger, Parental Control and Punk’d. He started in the industry as an intern at Geffen Records. His sister, Alexis Ben-Meir, is a well-known figure in the music business who has worked at MCA Records, Suretone Records and is currently at Red Light Management. Their father, Nick Ben-Meir, is a longtime business manager who has represented musicians.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR