MTV Europe Music Awards to Rock Out in Frankfurt, Germany 2012
The city will host for the second time in the nods’ 19-year-history.
LONDON – This year’s MTV Europe Music Awards will rock out in the German city of Frankfurt, organizers said.
The 19th annual show will pump up the volume in Frankfurt on Nov. 11, 2012, a second coming for the German city having played host back in 2001.
The 2012 MTV EMA will broadcast live from Frankfurt’s Festhalle this year after last year’s show came from Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) president and CEO Bob Bakish described the event as “one of the biggest nights in music on the planet” and promised the show will “showcase talent from the U.S. to Europe to Asia to everywhere in between.”
The 2012 MTV EMA will be available to a potential viewing audience of more than 1.2 billion people via MTV’s global network of more than 60 channels reaching more than 640 million households around the world as well as through syndication.
Richard Godfrey and Bruce Gillmer are executive producers for the 2012 MTV EMA.
Past EMA performers have included Beyoncé, Katy Perry, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Green Day, Justin Bieber, Shakira, Kanye West, Tokio Hotel, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jesse J and Kings of Leon.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR