MTV Jams Adds 'RapFix' to Lineup, Invades SXSW and mtvU Woodies Festival
The hip-hop themed network offshoot will add the web series to its daily programming and will debut its first ever stage at the Austin fest.
MTV Jams, the hip-hop oriented branch of MTV, announced Wednesday that it will add the web series RapFix Live to its daily television lineup beginning March 6.
The channel will also debut the MTV Jams stage at this year’s SXSW and mtvU Woodies Awards and Festival. The stage will host a number of up-and-coming hip-hop acts throughout the day, including Joey Bada$$, Trinidad James, Travi$ Scott, and others.
“With the launch of RapFix Live and the inaugural MTV Jams stage, we’re looking to provide hip hop fans even more access to the music, lifestyle, fashion and culture that define this genre,” said Amy Doyle, executive vice president of MTV music and talent programming strategy.
RapFix Live’s first new television episode will air March 6 at 4 p.m. ET on MTV Jams, in tandem with the live stream on MTV.com. The show, which features interviews with hip-hop’s most popular rappers, will include a special “Hottest MCs” themed episode for its on-air premiere.
RapFix’s host Sway Calloway will be joined by the MTV Hip-Hop Brain Trust during the episode to decide on the hottest MCs of today. The third and fourth spots will be revealed on the premiere broadcast, with first and second place revealed the next night on Hottest MCs in the Game VIII at 10 p.m. ET.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'