MTV Latin America Developing 'Popland' Telenovela
The Spanish-language series would be the network's first fully produced scripted show.
MEXICO CITY -- MTV Latin America has begun development on the Spanish-language telenovela Popland, its first fully produced scripted series.
The network announced out of the Miami NATPE conference on Wednesday that it has greenlit 75 one-hour episodes of Popland, which focuses on a small town girl who lands a job as a paparazzi in the big city.
MTV Networks International's sales arm will handle worldwide distribution for the new series and the network says it has slated a Latin America pan-regional premiere for later this year.
Popland is MTV Latin America's second telenovela production. Its first original novela, dubbed Ninas Mal, was co-produced with Sony Pictures Television.
Ninas Mal was shot on location in Colombia. Locations, cast and crew for Popland will be announced at a later date. El Capo scribe Marcelo Camano is co-writing Popland with Ninas Mal screenwriter Claudia Bono.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!