MTV Latin America Developing 'Popland' Telenovela
The Spanish-language series would be the network's first fully produced scripted show.
MEXICO CITY -- MTV Latin America has begun development on the Spanish-language telenovela Popland, its first fully produced scripted series.
The network announced out of the Miami NATPE conference on Wednesday that it has greenlit 75 one-hour episodes of Popland, which focuses on a small town girl who lands a job as a paparazzi in the big city.
MTV Networks International's sales arm will handle worldwide distribution for the new series and the network says it has slated a Latin America pan-regional premiere for later this year.
Popland is MTV Latin America's second telenovela production. Its first original novela, dubbed Ninas Mal, was co-produced with Sony Pictures Television.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR