MTV Movie Awards Moved Up to April
The annual ceremony has usually taken place in early June.
The MTV Movie Awards have been moved up for 2013.
Usually held in late May/early June, the MTV Movie Awards has been set for Sunday, April 14, 2013, MTV announced Tuesday.
For the past three years, the annual film kudosfest has taken place in early June and often serves as an event tailored toward promoting new and upcoming film releases, as well as creating notable viral moments.
During this past year's gathering, Johnny Depp took the stage with The Black Keys and new teasers for films that were forthcoming during that time, like The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Dark Knight Rises, were touted during the telecast.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR