MTV Movie Awards Moved Up to April
The annual ceremony has usually taken place in early June.
The MTV Movie Awards have been moved up for 2013.
Usually held in late May/early June, the MTV Movie Awards has been set for Sunday, April 14, 2013, MTV announced Tuesday.
For the past three years, the annual film kudosfest has taken place in early June and often serves as an event tailored toward promoting new and upcoming film releases, as well as creating notable viral moments.
During this past year's gathering, Johnny Depp took the stage with The Black Keys and new teasers for films that were forthcoming during that time, like The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Dark Knight Rises, were touted during the telecast.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty