MTV Orders Mexico Version of 'Jersey Shore' (Exclusive)
The network also is prepping its first international adaptation of video show "Ridiculousness."
MEXICO CITY -- MTV Latin America is developing Mexican versions of its hit reality show Jersey Shore and viral video series Ridiculousness.
The network has ordered 13 episodes for both formats, which will have their Latin America premieres in September. The location for Mexico Shore (working title) will be announced later.
Mexico Shore is MTV's third international version of Jersey Shore. The U.K. version, called Geordie Shore and set primarily in Newcastle, England, drew exceptionally strong ratings during its seven-season run.
MTV Spain's Spanish-language Gandia Shore, based in Gandia, Spain, bowed in October 2012 to nearly a million viewers and there's a second season in the works. The first season will debut in Latin America in March.
As for Ridiculousness Mexico, it's the first international adaptation of the video series.
"For Ridiculousness, we know that viral videos are a dime a dozen, so it's all about finding a witty host with good comedic timing and a fresh perspective," said Sofia Ioannou, managing director of Viacom International Media Networks for the Americas.
Both shows will begin casting soon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter’s 25 Most Powerful Stylists 2014, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR