MTV orders more 'Jersey Shore'
Cast will relocate in second season
The deal is done to bring back "Jersey Shore" for a second season.
As first reported in THR earlier this week, an agreement by Friday was expected with the full cast returning for another round.
MTV plans to bring back the show for mid-to-late summer for 12 new episodes, which means commencing production soon.
The network will take the cast to another location, as yet unannounced, for season two rather than shoot in New Jersey during the winter.
"Our audience has fallen in love with ‘Jersey Shore’ and its amazing cast who have really grown together as a family. That bond gives the show its heart, and we’re thrilled to reunite these friends to bring fans more of what they love -- laughs, love, drama and of course, GTL," said Tony DiSanto, president of programming for MTV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR